My Shopping List
Share this Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Pan-Grilled Flatbread Salad
|12 oz. prepared pizza dough, quartered into 3-oz. rounds |
| as needed Olive oil and kosher salt |
|5 oz. mesclun greens or mixed baby salad greens |
|2/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, tarragon), chopped |
|2/3 cup green onions (with some green), thinly sliced |
|2 tsp. fresh lemon juice |
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard |
|2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil |
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt |
|1/8 tsp. black pepper |
|8 slices oven-roasted Tomatoes, slivered |
|8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, at room temperature |
- For each fl atbread, heat grill-pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll out 3 oz. dough into 7" round; lightly oil one side of dough and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place on hot grill pan, oiled-side down. Cook until browned on bottom side; fl ip and cook other side, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to warm oven (225 F.) and hold until ready to serve.
- Combine salad greens, chopped herbs and green onions; set aside.
- For dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Toss salad mixture with dressing. Season salad with kosher salt and pepper; add more to taste if necessary.
- For each serving, cut one grilled fl atbread into quarters.
- Plate the pieces, spoke-fashion, leaving plate center clear. Add 1 cup salad to center of plate; top with slivered oven-roasted tomatoes and cheese cubes.