My Shopping List
Share this Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Asian Grilled Beef Ribs
Serves 6 |
|5 lb. beef back ribs |
| Marinade: |
|1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped |
|2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced |
|1/2 cup ketchup |
|1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard |
|1/3 cup hoisin sauce |
|2 Tbsp. water |
|2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar |
| fresh cilantro (optional), chopped |
- Combine jalapeño pepper, ginger, ketchup, mustard, hoisin sauce and water in small bowl; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting; add brown sugar and set aside.
- Place ribs in shallow pan or extra large food safe plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Turn to coat. Cover pan tightly or close bag securely; marinate ribs in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare charcoal grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of fire grate, leaving open space in the center. When coals are medium, ash-covered (25 to 30 minutes), add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Position cooking grid with handles over coals so additional briquets may be added when necessary.
- Place ribs, meat side up, in large (16.125" x 11.75" x 2.875") foil roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place foil pan on cooking grid; cover with grill lid and grill over medium heat 1 to 1.5 hours or until ribs are fork-tender. Carefully remove roasting pan from grill; remove ribs from pan and place, meat side up, on grill rack. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve ribs with Asian greens and vegetables; sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.