My Shopping List
Share this Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Easy Top Round Roast
Serves 6 |
A classic dinner the whole family will love.
|4 lb top round roast |
|1 lb baby carrots |
|1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz. |
|5 cloves garlic, chopped |
|1 cup chopped celery |
|1 cup beef broth |
|1/2 cup dry red wine |
|1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram |
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves |
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil |
|1 teaspoon salt, to taste |
|1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste |
- Liberally season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, place roast in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
- Set roast in a large crockpot. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, red wine, marjoram and thyme. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
- Remove roast and vegetables from crockpot.
- Pour liquid from crockpot into a 4-cup measuring cup and let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon and discard fat from crockpot liquid. Pour liquid over roast and vegetables and enjoy!