My Shopping List
Share this Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Easy Broccoli Soup
Serves 3 to 4 |
|4 tablespoons butter |
|2 cups broccoli |
|1 cup carrots, chopped |
|1 yellow onion, chopped |
|3 tablespoons flour |
|4 cups chicken broth |
|1/2 cup cream |
| Salt, to taste |
| Ground black pepper, to taste |
- Set a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Melt butter in Dutch oven and then add broccoli, carrot and onion; sauté for about 6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add flour to Dutch oven; cook and stir until the flour starts to turn a blonde color, about 1 minute.
- Add stock to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmering and cook ingredients for about 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add cream to Dutch oven. Turn off heat.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup.
- Season the soup with salt and black pepper.