Eye of Round Steak with Onions
Deliciously easy and perfect for weeknight dinners.
Serves 4 |
|1 tablespoon flour |
|1 teaspoon paprika |
|1 teaspoon salt |
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper |
|1 lb boneless eye of round steak, trimmed |
|2 tablespoons oil |
|2 onions, thinly sliced |
|1 tablespoon tomato paste |
|1 cup dry wine |
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, oregano, savory, and/or thyme |
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub onto the surface of the steak. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add steak to skillet, browning 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add onions to skillet, placing them around and under steak; cook for 5 minutes, or until onions begin to soften.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste and a little bit of the wine together. Once combined, add the rest of the wine and herbs.
- Pour wine mixture over the steak and onions. Adjust heat to maintain a simmer, cover pan and cook for 60 minutes.
- Serve steak hot, with sauce spooned over meat.