Cube Steak Sandwich
A simple yet totally delicious sandwich!
Serves 4 |
|1 onion |
|2 sticks butter |
|3 lb cube steak |
| Seasoned salt, to taste |
|1/2 cups Worcestershire sauce |
| Hot sauce, to taste |
|4 deli rolls, halved lengthwise |
- Place 1/4 stick of butter in a large pan. Bring to medium heat.
- Slice the onions, transfer to pan, cook until soft and light brown. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Slice the cube steak against the grain. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in the same large pan, bring to high heat. Add cube steak. Cook until browned, flip repeat, about a minute on per side.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and 2 tablespoons butter to cooked steak, and stir. Add the cooked onions and stir to combine.
- Butter the halved French rolls and brown in a new skillet.
- Lay the bottom half of a French roll on a plate. Place the meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, and enjoy!