Ambrosia Salad with Cranberries and Pomegranate
Light, sweet, tart and airy.
Serves 10 |
|1 bag fresh whole cranberries, 12 oz. |
|1 can crushed pineapple, drained, 20 oz. |
|3/4 cup sugar |
|1 can mandarin oranges, drained, 15 oz. |
|2 cups mini marshmallows |
|3/4 cup heavy whipping cream |
|1/3 cup powdered sugar |
|1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt |
|1 cup pomegranate arils |
- Place cranberries in a blender and pulse until finely chopped. Drain excess liquid with a sieve. Add crushed pineapple and sugar to the blender, pulse until well combined. Cover with a paper towel and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into a mixing bowl. Stir in Mandarin oranges and mini marshmallows. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream in a large mixing bowl for 1 minute then beat in powdered sugar. Continue to beat until soft peaks form. Fold in vanilla yogurt.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cranberry mixture.
- When ready to serve, top with pomegranate arils and enjoy!