Banana Bread Coffee Cake
The best of two yummy treats.
Serves 2 loaves |
| For coffee cake: |
|4 bananas |
|3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon |
|2 tablespoons brown sugar |
|1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract |
|1/2 cup butter |
|1 cup sugar |
|2 eggs |
|1 teaspoon baking soda |
|2 cups flour |
|1/4 teaspoon salt |
|2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt |
| For crumb topping: |
|6 tablespoons butter |
|1 cup brown sugar |
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon |
|1 cup flour |
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease two bread loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place the bananas in a mixing bowl and mash. Add ground cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter and sugar, mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until mixed. Set aside.
- Sift in baking soda, flour and salt into the banana mix, stir together, then add the Greek yogurt and stir.
- Pour the banana mix into the butter mix and stir together until well combined.
- Pour an even amount of batter into both loaf pans. Set aside.
- To make the topping, combine the butter, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and flour in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix until coarse crumbs form.
- Spoon the crumb topping over the tops of both batters.
- Place the loaf pans in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.